Corpus Christi Lawyer Assists Couples Seeking an Uncontested Divorce
Skilled Texas attorney manages legal aspects of marriage dissolution for parties whose breakup is amicable
While divorce is never happy, spouses who agree on issues such as child custody and property division make the process easier in many ways. Still, there are legal requirements that must be satisfied even in an uncontested divorce. At William A. Thau III, P.C., I handle the details and formalize the mutual agreement of the parties.
Dedicated counselor who provides comprehensive advice to clients who have reached agreement
Even when couples believe that they agree on all aspects of their divorce, complications can arise. I will make sure that you are ready and able to move forward after reviewing issues such as:
- Adherence to state laws on child custody and support arrangements
- State requirements on jurisdiction, divorce grounds and length of residency
- Whether all relevant financial information is known by both sides
- Potential debts and future obligations that might be covered in the agreement
- Provisions for current and future benefits such as pensions, insurance policies and retirement accounts
Though many couples are motivated to seek an uncontested divorce to avoid a lengthy legal process, I will make sure that no relevant matter is missed as you look to start a new chapter in your lives. Information that gets overlooked when the marriage is dissolved might have negative consequences that cannot be undone.
Texas lawyers enable both spouses to emerge from divorce confidently
When you and your partner have reached a consensus, I will finalize the marriage dissolution quickly and affordably. Choosing not to haggle over small matters is usually a wise decision, and I can make sure that you are not taking any undue legal risk as you execute your amicable breakup.